He has spent 39 years in the forefront of the Information Management field, working for International organisations in Information Management Strategy, Data Governance, Data Quality, Information Assurance, Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence.
Chris is an Information Strategist & a recognised thought leader. He advises clients including, Alinma Bank, American Express, ANZ, British Gas, Bank of England, BP, Celgene, Cigna Insurance, EDP, Emirates NBD, Enterprise Oil, ExxonMobil, GSK, HSBC, NAB, National Grid, Riyad Bank, SABB, SAMA, Saudi NIC, Saudi Aramco, Shell, Statoil, and TOTAL.
He is VP of Professional Development for DAMA-International, the inaugural Fellow of DAMA CDMP, past president of DAMA UK. He is an author of the DMBOK 2 and author & examiner for professional certifications. In 2016 Chris received the lifetime achievement award from DAMA International for exceptional services to furthering Data Management education & to the International Data Management community.
Chris guides Global organizations on Information Strategy, Data Governance, Information Management best practice and how organisations can genuinely manage Information as a critical corporate asset. Frequently he is engaged to evangelise the Information Management and Data Governance message to Executive management, introduce data governance and new business processes for Information Management and to deliver training and mentoring.
Chris is Director of the E&P standards committee “DMBoard”, sits on several International Data Standards committees, teaches at several Master’s Degree University classes Internationally. He authored “Data Modelling for the Business”, is a primary author of DMBoK 2.0, a member of the Meta Data Professionals Organisation (MPO) and a holder at “Fellow” level of CDMP and examiner for several professional certifications.
Chris is an acknowledged thought leader in Data Governance, author of several papers and books, and an expert judge on the annual Data Governance best practice awards.
Upcoming events by this speaker
- From 12/14/20 to 12/15/20 - Practical steps for developing Data Strategy and Governance
- From 12/16/20 to 12/17/20 - Practical Data Quality Management
Free articles from this speaker...
- 2017 December - Is the "Data Asset" really different?
Past events by this speaker
- From 12/19/19 to 12/20/19 - Practical steps for developing Data Strategy and Governance
- From 12/16/19 to 12/18/19 - Information Management Fundamentals with CDMP Certification
- From 05/23/19 to 05/24/19 - Practical Data Quality Management
- From 05/24/18 to 05/25/18 - Advanced Data Modeling including Big Data
- From 05/21/18 to 05/23/18 - Information Management Fundamentals
- From 11/15/17 to 11/16/17 - DATA GOVERNANCE: How to prepare your organisation for the new regulations
- From 11/13/17 to 11/14/17 - Data Modeling in a Big Data environment
- From 05/11/17 to 05/12/17 - Data Quality Management
- From 05/08/17 to 05/10/17 - Information Management Fundamentals
- From 06/23/16 to 06/24/16 - International Data Management and Analytics Conference
- From 05/26/16 to 05/27/16 - Implementing Effective Data Quality Management