Dimensional Data Warehouse Design Workshop
This seminar addresses the key issues involved in designing the physical database structures necessary to support both the anticipated and the un-anticipated analytical requirements of the enterprise.
Attendees learn the basic techniques of Dimensional Data Warehouse Design, which ensures that the data in their Data Warehouse will be accessible by the business community and still provide optimal performance.
Students leave with the understanding of how different design choices affect both the usability and performance of their database design.
The seminar is taught by an experienced practitioner with a focus on practical and real world issues. Attendees work in teams as they develop dimensional designs for various business processes.
Their designs are then analyzed and simulated for both usability and performance providing important feedback to the student on their design choices.
What you will learn
- An understanding of the design challenges facing the data warehouse designer
- An overall data architecture for the data warehouse
- Dimensional modeling for the data warehouse
- Templates for various industry and business process schemas
- Hands on design experience
- Data Warehouse Strategy
- Data Warehouse Architecture
- The Data Warehouse Design Challenge
- Modeling Overview
- Types of Warehouse Schemas
- Dimensional Analysis and Normalization
- Fact Tables
- Dimension Tables
- Dimensional Schema Classification
- Strategic Analysis
- Creating the Dimensional Model