Architecture Skills for it Professionals
by Mike Rosen
Many organizations have adopted Enterprise or IT architecture, created architecture organizations, and given people the job title of ‘architect’. Unfortunately, just having the title architect doesn’t mean that you have the proper skills or know the industry Best Practices associated with the job.
Luckily, there is help. This tutorial focuses on the skills needed to be an effective architect. Whether you’re an Enterprise architect, solution architect, IT architect, or software architect, this course will provide practical principles, skills, and techniques for improving your job.
The course is structured to complement a project lifecycle and explores the skills involved in carrying a project from ideation and conception through design and implementation and the engagement models and interactions with different stakeholders (both architectural project and solution project).
The tutorial is structured as a mix of presentation, interactive discussion and group based exercises, so participants get the chance to apply the concepts learned to example scenarios during the facilitated exercises.
What you will learn
- Applying architectural principles to decision making
- Effective inquiry and analysis of problems
- Conceptualizing and visualizing a solution
- Formalizing architecture as specification
- Interaction with stakeholders
- Architecture principles
- Architecture skills overview
- The architecture of Architecture
- Modeling skills
- Thinking like an architect
- System Thinking
- Intelligent, effective inquiry
- Integrating the big picture view
- Architectural analysis
- Designing and performing architectural assessments
- Architectural review
- Architecture programs and teams