Designing, developing and deploying
a Microservices Architecture
From Friday November 6 2020 to Friday November 6 2020
Price: 700.00 Euro
Residenza di Ripetta
Via di Ripetta 231
00186 Roma (RM)
The development and maintenance of monoliths presents organizations with increasing challenges, resulting in high costs and a slow time-to-market. More and more organizations are therefore attempting to componentize their applications.
The latest and greatest paradigm Microservices finally seems to deliver on the promises of Service Oriented Architecture: shortening time-to-market, scalability, autonomy, and exchangeability of technology and databases. The challenges of delivering Microservices however are equally big.
What makes a component a Microservice? How to design, develop and deploy these small services? How does collaboration between analysts, developers, testers and operations change the organizations?
During this one day course, from his years of experience in Agile, Scrum, requirements, architecture and code Sander Hoogendoorn shares the voyage that implementing a Microservices landscape is. He will answer questions on modeling and designing Microservices, the granularity of applications and services, the communication between services, design patterns, polyglot persistence, testing services and setting up deployment pipelines. Richly illustrated with real-life examples, this course gives a perfect introduction into this promising technology.
What you will learn
- Get a clear understand of the strengths and weaknesses of using Microservices
- Learn to understand which problems Microservices can solve and which not
- Help you decide whether Microservices will solve your current problems
- Learn how your software architecture will evolve when you move towards Microservices and how to keep your architecture flexible
- Learn how to design and model applications, Microservices and resources in this new architecture
- Get understanding of the more explicit role of testing in a Microservices architecture, and which technique apply well
- Learn about continuous integration and continuous delivery, and how you design your deployment pipelines
- An introduction to components and services
- Introducing Microservices
- Greenfield or brownfield?
- Evolutionary software architecture
- Designing and building Microservices
- Testing Microservices
- Deployment of Microservices